Thursday, May 19, 2011

This is a VERY big deal

This is Annie, our VERY coddled dog.
This is also a VERY big day for me. I'm about to do something VERY big. 
So back in '07, our family got Annie because Jane wrote a paper entitled "A Plea for a Puppy."  
Somehow, my parents gave in. Weird, they never give into Jane. 
Anyway....I HATED Annie. I hated her. I don't think anyone has hated getting a family pet as much as I did. I couldn't even look at her. 
I'm still trying to decide if it is because I was semi scared of her, or that we got her because of Jane, or because we didn't name her Sammy like I wanted to (dog on Parent Trap), or I just didn't like the idea of us having a pet. Whatever the way, I really disliked her. 
The key to all of this, is that its in past tense. I used to hate her. I don't anymore. 
And that is the VERY big thing. 
I'm publically admitting that I like Annie. I do.
Heck, I walk her almost daily. 
I even touch her willingly. And apparently she makes me look kind of drunk.
 I came around. Sue me.

2 comments:

Brooke Shoko said...

i love this so much. just as long as it's not a cat.

Emma Hansen said...

This post sincerly made me laugh a little, okay... a lot! Sweet picture.