The last few years I've put in a good effort to like it a bit more, but all that blew up this year.
A) I had two huuuuge tests. And I did rather bad on one after 30+ hours of studying.
B) As I was driving home from test 2 on 3 hours of sleep, I ran over something on the freeway. Beats the heck out of me what it was. Didn't see a thing in the road, and I wasn't fiddling. I get off the exit and figured it might be my radiator (paranoia because I ran over something that ruined it a while back) so I kept checking to see if the freaking car was over heating. A few minutes later I could smell gas. Didn't think that was a great sign. Saw my gas light switch on and recalled having over a 1/4th tank just a few seconds ago. Anyhooooooooooo I got a hole in my gas tank. Somehow that small object I ran over pierced an a hole all the way through my gas tank. I got a hole in my gas tank. A big hole. I got a hole.
It cost $678 to get a new gas tank put in.
Things I could have bought with $678:
Divided into two categoris......that don't make sense........
- Things to help me stay warm:
- approx 2 pairs of these boots. (or like) I NEED boots. My feet are freezing. You can only wear socks with Sperrys for so long.
- This tweed coat I saw this lady wearing the other day... i'm sure it was expensive.....but it wouldn't have capped $200. So i'm going to say at least 3 of those. Also would enjoy a warm insulated puffy coat. Both of those coats lets say and I would have had money to spare.
- approx 8 or 9 good electric blankets
- this is a little much, but i'm just saying I could have bought about 17 of them.
- $678 towards a hot tub
- At least 75 pairs of good socks/tights.
- several new hair dryers (Jane did you steal mine?)
- other things that would've made Sarah's life a little better:
- this one makes me want to throw up... I could have 3 new iphones right now. And a few fun cases.
- 4 of these tickets... the best seats. Or some crappy seats and the roundtrip ticket to L.A.
- Approx 135 Subway sandwiches. I'm a regular there. Just switched over from tuna to roast beef... I think i'm going to back to tuna soon.
- I'm not going to attempt the math on this one.... but a lot of storage I need for my computer, that currently isn't working because it's too full.
- a GRE prep class. (thinking of the future here...obviously the class wouldn't make anything better)
- I don't know, Christmas presents for my family maybe
- Could have done one heck of a sub for Santa
- and on and on and on and on and on and on
Nothing surprises me anymore with those things(cars).
TO HECK WITH CARS!
blogger has recently become a place for me to express feelings of maddness and/or stupidity.