Sunday, November 11, 2012

An Evil Holiday

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, I am not a fan of Halloween.  

The last few years I've put in a good effort to like it a bit more, but all that blew up this year.  
A) I had two huuuuge tests.  And I did rather bad on one after 30+ hours of studying. 
B) As I was driving home from test 2 on 3 hours of sleep, I ran over something on the freeway. Beats the heck out of me what it was.  Didn't see a thing in the road, and I wasn't fiddling.  I get off the exit and figured it might be my radiator (paranoia because I ran over something that ruined it a while back) so I kept checking to see if the freaking car was over heating.  A few minutes later I could smell gas.  Didn't think that was a great sign.  Saw my gas light switch on and recalled having over a 1/4th tank just a few seconds ago.  Anyhooooooooooo I got a hole in my gas tank.  Somehow that small object I ran over pierced an a hole all the way through my gas tank. I got a hole in my gas tank. A big hole. I got a hole.
It cost $678 to get a new gas tank put in.

Things I could have bought with $678:
Divided into two categoris......that don't make sense........
  • Things to help me stay warm: 
    • approx 2 pairs of these boots. (or like)  I NEED boots. My feet are freezing. You can only wear socks with Sperrys for so long.  
    • This tweed coat I saw this lady wearing the other day... i'm sure it was expensive.....but it wouldn't have capped $200. So i'm going to say at least 3 of those.  Also would enjoy a warm insulated puffy coat.  Both of those coats lets say and I would have had money to spare.
    • approx 8 or 9 good electric blankets
    • this is a little much, but i'm just saying I could have bought about 17 of them.
    • $678 towards a hot tub
    • At least 75 pairs of good socks/tights.
    • several new hair dryers (Jane did you steal mine?)
  • other things that would've made Sarah's life a little better:
    • this one makes me want to throw up... I could have 3 new iphones right now. And a few fun cases.
    • 4 of these tickets... the best seats.  Or some crappy seats and the roundtrip ticket to L.A.
    • Approx 135 Subway sandwiches.  I'm a regular there.  Just switched over from tuna to roast beef... I think i'm going to back to tuna soon. 
    • I'm not going to attempt the math on this one.... but a lot of storage I need for my computer, that currently isn't working because it's too full.  
    • a GRE prep class. (thinking of the future here...obviously the class wouldn't make anything better)
    • I don't know, Christmas presents for my family maybe
    • Could have done one heck of a sub for Santa
    • and on and on and on and on and on and on
Nothing surprises me anymore with those things(cars). 
TO HECK WITH CARS!
blogger has recently become a place for me to express feelings of maddness and/or stupidity.  

3 comments:

Brooke Shoko said...

Oh Sarah . . .

Jocelyn said...

I hate this because 1. I can totally relate because I just wasted $600 on the GRE class that you want to take. (I strongly advise against this) 2. The Frye boots aspect to your "things I could have bought" made me want to PUNCH you in the face. WHYYYY would you say this... I am depressed.

Also, sorry about your gas tank... cars suck.

Ashlyn said...

I've read this three times now.