Monday, April 25, 2011

Merry Easter, You Wonderful Old Building and Loan!

Questions about the weekend? Let me answer them for you.

What happened?I was driving to Richfield with Paul and Jane, and it was really late (12:24 a.m.) and I got pulled over.
Why did you do that? I was extremely tired. I was extremely disoriented and for some reason I thought I was on the main road, when in fact it was a residential road where the speed limit is substantially lower. I may have completely lost my mind. I also might not be as confident of a navigator as I thought.
How much is the ticket? Well I was going 12 miles over the speed limit. So according to Sevier County--------> $115
How did you react? First I thought, ah heck whats another ticket, and was laughing it up with the sibs. Kind of funny. THEN I realized how much money that is and that I don't have it. THEN I realized that I felt really stupid about it. THEN I got a little upset.


THEN

Ok enough of the questions. I'll just tell you what happened after that. My family, my family happened. So I haven't had the worlds greatest car luck in the last year, and this whole thing just topped the cake for me. So I was upset about it. And my family being the great people they are...they knew I was upset. And they know i'm not rolling in it. So lets just say that between my Grandpa, Paul, and my parents... I got over $115. They all chipped in. Just because they're great and wanted to help.  Pity? Maybe. Anyway, I felt just like George Bailey. Now, i'm not saying i'm a real great person like George, who deserved any of it. No sir. But I do think I felt the same as he did, to a much smaller degree. And i'm just grateful for my family, and them knowing how to help. Not even knowing how to literally help me and give me money, although I am extremely grateful for the money, heck it's money. But they just know in every area of my confused little life, what I need. I'm glad I have such a great family. I'm glad that they like me enough to not let me go completely insane. I'm glad I have such great people in my life generally, people are great. And i'm glad, that for one small second, I felt I was in the same grouping as George Bailey. Also I know this clip is super long, and it's only a small segment of it that he is actually getting the money, but I HAD to put the whole thing. Perhaps the greatest movie scene of all time. Happy Holidays.




1 comment:

Erin Blake said...

See, everyone loves you Sarah! They should have put the $115 in dollar bills on the table and then hugged you and sang!